X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

[HS/FS] HomeServer on the Internet

Hello,

Besides security, what are the things to watch in order to open a HomeServer to the Internet ? (access from outside)
    I've a HS running fine on the internal LAN, but when trying to access from the Internet, I get error 404
    What is the best way to start troubleshooting ?

Thank you
    Greetings from Midi-Pyrénées
    2 lines. ABB, Berker, Elsner Elektronik, Gira HS2, Hager, Heimeier EMO, Jung, Merten, Theben, Vitocom200 EIB, Zennio, EloTouch, VariLED. Cisco (Rtr 1841, Catalyst 3750x, IPPhone 7970, 9971, IPcam 2500). Krone LSA+, VariLight, Mobotix (T24, Asterisk), MusicPal, HomeCinema (BenQ W1000, LG BD390, Yamaha RX-V565, WD, IRTrans PoE) NAS QNAP TS-419U+, eibd ...

Raymond, from what I recall there are many topics on this subject in this forum, most if not all are probably in German. So here is a recap:
    I don't use it, but Gira offers the remote access option through their portal. You may want to explore that option, as that may be the easiest solution.
    Alternatively you can set up a VPN 'server' in your network - once you establish a connection from the internet to your network over VPN then you are virtually 'inside' your network. The transmissions are secure. You can then use this VPN to do much more than just access the HS.
    The least cumbersome and least secure (well: actually pretty insecure) option is to set port-forwarding on your router to your HS.
    All options require you to either have a fixed outside IP address, or use a service like DynDNS to translate a name (i.e. warichet.dyndns.org) to your actual IP address. The Gira portal has that incorporated in the set-up.
    Bram

Kommentar

Hi Bram,
      Zitat von bramlangen Beitrag anzeigen
      there are many topics on this subject in this forum
      yes, but my lack of knowledge of the language prevents me from picking the right keywords, but with a couple of pointers, I'm fine.

Gira offers the remote access option through their portal.
      I've overlooked this possibility. Indeed, it looks simple but less flexible

Alternatively you can set up a VPN 'server'
      VPNs are fine, but, from time to time, I just want other forum members to have a look at my Visu and compare with crappy stuff floating around

set port-forwarding on your router to your HS.
      I seem to remember having done it before.

Thank you for the hints

Greetings from Midi-Pyrénées
      2 lines. ABB, Berker, Elsner Elektronik, Gira HS2, Hager, Heimeier EMO, Jung, Merten, Theben, Vitocom200 EIB, Zennio, EloTouch, VariLED. Cisco (Rtr 1841, Catalyst 3750x, IPPhone 7970, 9971, IPcam 2500). Krone LSA+, VariLight, Mobotix (T24, Asterisk), MusicPal, HomeCinema (BenQ W1000, LG BD390, Yamaha RX-V565, WD, IRTrans PoE) NAS QNAP TS-419U+, eibd ...

Kommentar

If you want others to occasionally have a live look at your system, then I recommend TeamViewer, which is a free screen-sharing tool.

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X