X
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Zitat von bmx Beitrag anzeigen
    As long as the EibPC Basic does not present these basic functions it won't work.
    Ok, understood. It is not really a problem as I am planning to keep using my always-on, low power-consumption PC anyway.

However, I really would like to use it for controlling the KNX installation with Infrared commands. I know forum member Martin is successfully using Irtrans modules to send IR signals from EIB-PC, but I am not sure if he is able to do the reverse: send Infrared commands via the PC (or maybe even directly through the Irtrans-LAN module?), which then send TCP/IP commands over the LAN to the EIB-PC, which in turn uses these to activate KNX actors.

This way, an ordinary remote control could be used to switch KNX equipment.

The same approach of course could then be used with the folder watching feature of Eventghost, as Eventghost can send IR commands automatically through a infrared receiver/sender (such as, for instance, the USB-UIRT, see also www.usb-uirt.com) when new photos are detected in the watch folder. This allows using an ordinary (IP) camera as a trigger for switching on lights (for instance: outdoor camera is already there anyway. Now it can also be used as a trigger to activate the light at the front door when somebody approaches the house).

Eventghost seems to be a good solution for your purposes. Thanks for given us a pointer to it!
    Glad I could finally be of some help to you after your much appreciated help!

Best regards,
    Perry

Kommentar

Zitat von Perry Beitrag anzeigen
      I know forum member Martin is successfully using Irtrans modules to send IR signals from EIB-PC, but I am not sure if he is able to do the reverse: send Infrared commands via the PC (or maybe even directly through the Irtrans-LAN module?), which then send TCP/IP commands over the LAN to the EIB-PC, which in turn uses these to activate KNX actors.
      I'm not sure if I understand your post properly. The EibPC can easily send and recieve UDP or TCP/IP messages. As for TCP/IP it can operate both as server and client. So, at this point the limitation of communication is always the "other end" .
      offizielles Supportforum für den Enertex® EibPC: https://knx-user-forum.de/eibpc/
      Enertex Produkte kaufen

Kommentar

Thank you for your confirmation. The problem for me is that most of this stuff is relatively new to me, so I am often not sure if I am asking the right questions, or if I am reading the answers correctly....

I have done some further reading and found this post on the IrTrans forum that also answers my exact question:

IRTrans Support Forum • View topic - Conect to KNX
        If you have an IP-KNX gateway (You need a programmable one, not an EIBNET-IP router; currently the Babtec EIB-PORT and the Gira Homeserver are supported)
        you can also receive an IR code and trigger an EIB/KNX event.

You will need the IRTrans Ethernet IRDB device.

IRTrans
        This is all very exciting stuff: can't wait to get started.

My next challange is going to be how to find a way to detect the presence of people in bed in the bedroom. This may sound more inappropriate than it is actually meant to be: I find that many of the modifications I would like to make to my KNX system are related to me or my girlfriend or both being in bed at certain times.

For instance, when I am getting up in the morning before my girlfriend, a switch could turn on the television in the adjacent bathroom, but there should be no sounds from radio or television. Similarly, the light in the adjacent cupboard room should not turn on automatically from the presence sensor.
        If she got up at the same time (i.e. the bed is empty), sounds and light are allowed to switch on.

As I can sleep through lights, but have a problem with sounds, other scenario's should be applied if my girlfriend gets up before I do.

If anyone can think of a good way to accomplish the 'bed occupation detection' (other than volunteering to join us in bed and turn on/off switches for us manually or installing a camera in the bedroom, which are both quite a few steps too far for us ;-)), I am interested to hear them. But maybe I should move this to a different forum topic?

Best regards,
        Perry

Kommentar

Dear Perry,

If anyone can think of a good way to accomplish the 'bed occupation detection', I am interested to hear them.
          Please search the Forum for "Bettbelegung".

Regards,
          Bernd

Kommentar

Wow, that's great! Airbag sensor mats: now why didn't I think of that?

I have not been able to find out on the forum if anybody is actually using them in real life and then, if it works out OK.
            I would imagine that fine-tuning weight thresholds and the provision of 12 Volt supply may be difficult issues.

Anyway, thanks for the good suggestion!

Perry

Kommentar

regarding IrTrans

Good morning Perry

Regarding the IrTrans’ 2-way capability (you’ve probably figured that out yourself by now). IrTrans is actually capable of sending TCP telegrams, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t work the other way round. I haven’t really tested it, because I tend to use wireless LAN devices to control my KNX and AV systems (I just use an IR gateway for the last metre or two, as IR is often the only language off-the-shelf devices understand). I will probably test it at one point to see whether I get code right – and if I see fit, I will post it here!;-)

Cheers!
              Martin

Kommentar

Thank you for your reply, Martin.

Zitat von kropfm Beitrag anzeigen
                I just use an IR gateway for the last metre or two, as IR is often the only language off-the-shelf devices understand
                As you said before in another post: it is a one-way system: i.e. you do not get acknowledgement that your infrared signals have actually done what they were supposed to do, right?
                In your experience, how reliable is the IR system? What percentage of commands 'gets lost in the chain'?

Can you give us some more idea of what you are using Irtrans for? For instance, could you/do you switch channels on your TV with it, or would there be too much lag for comfort?

Regards,

Perry

Kommentar

Perry,

it works remarkably well, but I don't consciously know whether it loses telegrams or lags (or if it fails to pass them on as IR commands); but that probably speak for itself. Well, yeah, there's no way of telling at what level the volume is, when you turn on your AV system.

You can teach most IR commands. I control my Bose AV-receiver, Panasonic Plasma, Yamaha DVD, and a little radio through iRTrans. Volume, Mute, On and Off are the commands I control through my EibPC (Zennio touch panel). The rest of the commands are on my iPod Touch, which I use as a remote control. Once the IR code is stored on to the iRtrans’ flash memory, a simple TCP will launch the IR code and do the trick. Changing channels is no problem.

I checked last night, there's a bit of a lag when I send commands via Zennio-EibPC-Lan-iRtrans. But it does not affect its usability in any way.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X