Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Access to SmarthomeNG in terminal

Hello. Hope it is ok to write in English. Understand German, so please use German if you plan to answer.
    I am quite new to RPI's and it has been a struggle to get to this point. I have a SmartHomeNG running, KNXD plugin working showing values and so on.
    Se picture. I want go get behind the GUI. The graphical interphase is very handy and works well for me, but most of the instructions take it for granted that one has access to the folders and files behind this layer. Any tips how to get behind the GUI in terminal???

It might help if you wrote more about your intention of your next steps. E.g. do you want to set up a visu with SmartVISU? Did you find out about the admin interface already? Are you aware of documentation at www.smarthomeng.de? Or do you want to access SHNG via a command line interface? What's your goal?

Kommentar

Hello. Thank you. At the moment I am using the SmarthomeNG KNX plugin to show values from my KNX system. These are sensor values of temperature, humidity and Co2. My aim is to get these values sent via i2c to a special shield I have made to make these slave values available in Modbus. The modbus master sits in a ventilation system using something called EasyContros (helios ventilation). I am told that I have to make a plugin "outside" SmartHomeNG. But I find my RPI "blocked" (se picture) by the smarthomeGUI.

At the same time, I wanted to explore the SmartHomeNG further.

Kommentar

Skjermbilde 2020-09-12 kl. 13.19.32.png Hello BMX. I am not an experienced user of terminal. But getting better. As you can see, I cannot use the sudo raspi-config to activate the i2c

Kommentar

How did you install your Raspberry Pi?
          The error you get when starting rasppi-config is quite strange.

When talking about the Gui you mean the AdminGUI of SmartHomeNG, correct?
          The AdminGUI is only for configuring SmartHomeNG and has nothing to do with rasppi-config.

What are you trying to configure anyhow?
          Viele Grüße
          Martin

There is no cloud. It's only someone else's computer.

Kommentar

Danke, Martin.
            Ich möchte nur Zugang zu meinen eigenen Raspberry Pi haben. Very simple. But as you say, I could have gone wrong during the installation, and that is the reason for this blocking. I am getting comfortable with the whole SmartHomeNG. But I wanted to explore what is behind the web layer, the .yaml files, etc.

The wider perspective I have explained to BMX above...

Kommentar

Ok, from the above it looks like you are using an emulation of pi which provides a Raspberry Pi running on Mac OS. I have no idea how it comes that you are using the emulator. It might be that there is no hostname set in /etc/hostname and thus the raspi-config can not work. But I have neither a Mac nor do I have an emulator so I can not really help you.

In fact SmartHomeNG itself does not lock your system in any way. Normally the files are installed in /usr/local/smarthome and starting is done from there with python3 bin/smarthome.py
              But since you are using this system already to watch the knx values it seems to work. Msinn already asked the right questions to help you...

PS: There is a Helios Plugin for SmarthomeNG, german documentation is available at http://smarthomeng.de/dev/user/plugi.../user_doc.html

PPS: There is an image for the Raspberry Pi available at https://github.com/smarthomeNG/raspberrypi-image
              Zuletzt geändert von bmx; 12.09.2020, 15:53.

Kommentar

I'm trying to understand your goal, but I don't quite get it.

You want to get access to your RasPi - where do you seem not to have access? What do you mean by "blocked"?

From your images, it looks like you have "full" access to the terminal, there is no further "layer". You can access the YAML-files manually (probably at /usr/local/smarthome/etc/...) or via the admin-GUI.

If you want to understand how to setup and configure shng, use the link provided by bmx and have a look at the documentation.

Kommentar

Über den Dateiserver und das Netzwerk, kann man die Dateien doch ebenfalls editieren

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X