X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Raw KNX writer

Hello,
    i wish to get rid of third party node-red-knx modules and use only the proServ, that's more reliable than other third party stuffs.
    For now, when you need to switch a light, you need to have it registered to the proKNX via ETS.
    Is there a way to have in the future, a RealKNX module that allow you to send "semi raw" data to proKNX, without having to add each Group Address via ETS?
    For example, i wish to control tons of group addresses that i do not intend to add to the proKNX and i need a simplest way to do that, maybe using a module to send to the proKNX a payload like {groupaddress:0/1/8; datapointTP1; value:true}
    The same may be done for receiving "semi raw" data from a realKNX module.
    Thanks.

Hi TheMax74, we will certainly look into what you suggest. For now, we're a bit busy but I promise you will get back to you!
    thanks for reaching out!
    Jens

Kommentar

Hi again,
      we have discussed your idea internally but I regret to say that we don't have the resources to implement this feature now.
      I assume you already tried the
      - node-red-contrib-knxjs and maybe also the
      - node-red-contrib-knx-easy
      libraries but found them unsatisfactory?
      Jens

Kommentar

Hello Jens
        Yes, i know it'll be very hard work to implement such a thing. I made a knx bridge in C#, to link SmartVisu to a KNX Router and i know all the difficulties.
        And yes, i've already tested both contribs you mention, but there are many limitation.
        For example, a knxjs device sends to the chained node only changed telegrams. I've multiple scene that sends only a simple "ON" telegram and i must implement a mechanism to automatically set to OFF the scene again, after being set to ON, otherwise the second time i press the scene button, the scene isn't triggered.
        The second thing, is that every time i click deploy, KNXJS doesn't kill the KNX process and it seems to start a second KNX process instead. I'll have strange behaviours in the flow until i restart the node-red via your restart link.
        The third, i feel very comfortable with Realknx and whould stay with without adding too many third parties contribs.
        Thanks anyway.

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X